Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 next

the_new_guy

Trooper

Weewar version 2.4 release notes
Welcome to this patch version 2.4 (we now have version numbers). This version fixes many of the flash client stability issues. Units and moves should no longer be mysteriously undone, and the infamous "out-of-sync" popup should have a reduced appearance.

Ending Turn / Missing Units
  • A network issue attributing to ending the turn is addressed. This should fix the loss of units and moves after hitting end turn.

• Added a new end-turn report

• Chat
  • Font size of chat is increased

• Chat messages are selectable

• Fixed a bug where players receive duplicate chat messages.

• Battle Dialog
  • Battle Dialog now shows numeric battle results in addition to the visual representation.

• Attack dialog shows -10 correctly if all 10 units are destroyed at once.

• UI Changes
  • The number of bases and income per base of a player is now visible. This should also reinforce the player's color.

• Offering peace will trigger a status chat message in the chat-box

• Other Fixes
  • Fixed several out-of-sync popup issues.

• Players are able to capture teammate bases.

• The in-game player list now accurately reflects defeated players

• Offering peace updates the status message in the in-game menu.

• Players will no longer be able to change their emails to an already existing email.

• Players are able to correctly type special characters such as "&, <, *" into the chat.

• Players are no longer able to toggle email notifications on / off after the game has ended.

• Fixed an internal error related to long game names with special characters.

• An alternative design for the hex-cordinates that was visible under certain circumstances is now removed.
  • This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/02/2010 19:30:14

kersplat

Raider

Ahhh, I like this. +1 for release notes and another +1 for timely communication. Thanks!

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Ditto to kersplat: +1 for release notes and +1 for more communication

CaptainCupCake

Tank

Darkbee and I might have to get off our tables

Release notes? Communication of changes? Have I woken up in parallel universe?!

Welcome new guy and thank you! More please

I was beginning to get some picture of some factors behind the scenes at Weewar Towers, and it looks like some things are finally beginning to manifest themselves, although I was thinking they might never.

This should be sign of good things to come. Damn, there go my bumper stickers...

P.S. After taking a few moves, I can say I really like the changes. Good work, things are looking up...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/02/2010 07:07:42

Darkbee

Berserker

That's funny, I don't remember drinking heavily last night... but that the only explanation for the hallucinations I'm currently experiencing.

What next? Weekly updates on the blog?

I think Zapp, has finally gone beyond the limitations of his own programming... we're on to you "The_New_Guy", we are still your masters, we can pull the plug at any time!

bdr529

Heavy Trooper

Excellent, thanks! Great additions & fixes

DoMPRoMo

Heavy Trooper

sweet

Xana

Raider

Thanks for the release notes!

Shulgin

Tank

new guy...who's the new guy?
    anyway, if this is genuine (i.e. coming from the devs) i'd say kudos for the release notes! maybe they are listening to the community after all

RockyDog

Berserker

wow this crowd turned around fast.

McMonster

Tank

great fixin'. and the communication (i.e. these release notes) is especially appreciated.

as someone who a) has never really been terribly annoyed or put off by "the troubles", and b) has his own share of problems with communication when i am behind on a project, i humbly submit that giving us all a sense of what was going on/what the timeline for the fixin' was would have been nice.

however, as RD has pointed out, we bounce back quickly. the new guy is our new hero!

Darkbee

Berserker

McMonster wrote:as someone who a) has never really been terribly annoyed or put off by "the troubles"...

That's because you've only experienced "the troubles" once, some of us have been here a while longer and so experience multiple troubles. However, you're right, this is a positive step.

DirtStyx

Tank

I am not aware of any great fixes. I still get the sync error quite regularly, though I'll admit that it is not as often. I would say that I still get one every round instead of every turn now. Could this have something to do with my internet connection since everyone else seems to doing fine?

Darkbee

Berserker

I'm getting connection time-outs now instead of out of sync errors. So periodically Weewar, at least for me, just drops off the Internet. I would guess that this is indicative of an over-worked server (or one that is low on disk space).

Physical geography might come into play (or how connection your Internet provider is). I don't know where the Weewar servers are, I guess in Europe somewhere, so us North American folk might experience more problems than out European cousins.

Hal2000

Raider

I'll have weewar stop responding during a calculation of a move or trying to do something in a game. After about 2 minutes of waiting it responds as normal.

previous 1 2 next