Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

BM5k

Raider

The server hosting the Wee Map app is back online

WeeMap uses the WeeWar API to allow users to comment, tag, and rate Weewar maps.

http://weemap.bustikated.net

Once again, you can e-mail weemap@bustikated.net for your invite requests, I've only got about 1/2 the testers that I want so let me know if you're interested!

kersplat

Raider

I'm still loving this BM5k. The new navigation is a big improvement. It will be great to see more users take advantage of it and see what other have to say about certain maps.

BM5k

Raider

kersplat wrote:I'm still loving this BM5k. The new navigation is a big improvement. It will be great to see more users take advantage of it and see what other have to say about certain maps.

Thanks!

I've posted a new release tonight, with mostly cosmetic changes, but I think you'll notice immediately (if you've used an earlier version). Enhanced searchability is coming soon, and the I've resolved most of the server issues that have been keeping the site down.

Still looking for a handful of testers, so if you're interested let me know via email

Rahl

Raider

great, clean interface! I really like this and look forward to major release.

Two suggestions: It would be very valuable to be able to list the maps in ascending or descending order (based on criteria already given: rating, user, etc.).

Also, a list of "common tags" would be great to help people tag different maps (this would also empower the "search by tag" feature). The list could include things like:

2player, 3player, 4player, 5player, 6player, basic, pro, seaunits, airunits, tournament, fair, etc...

Hope it takes off, great work!

BM5k

Raider

Rahl wrote:great, clean interface! I really like this and look forward to major release.
Hope it takes off, great work!

Thanks!
Rahl wrote:Two suggestions: It would be very valuable to be able to list the maps in ascending or descending order (based on criteria already given: rating, user, etc.).

This is in development right now. I'm not quite sure how to implement the interface, but the sorting is pretty much done.
Rahl wrote:Also, a list of "common tags" would be great to help people tag different maps (this would also empower the "search by tag" feature). The list could include things like:
2player, 3player, 4player, 5player, 6player, basic, pro, seaunits, airunits, tournament, fair, etc...

I plan on having search by keyword (for map names), max number of players, and size as well as tags. I haven't really figured out how I want the interface quite yet, but it's coming. I hadn't thought of having common tags, but something like a list of existing tags might be a good way to do this

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 24/06/2008 05:09:25

Rahl

Raider

BM5k wrote: I plan on having search by keyword (for map names), max number of players, and size as well as tags. I haven't really figured out how I want the interface quite yet, but it's coming. I hadn't thought of having common tags, but something like a list of existing tags might be a good way to do this [/quote=BM5k]

Even better Can't wait!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 24/06/2008 19:15:58

kersplat

Raider

I like the recent changes. Being able to pull up a map by id is nice. I agree with Rahl that common tags would be very helpful, maybe a tag cloud as well. Would help others see what tags have been used.

BM5k

Raider

New url for weemap since I'm letting the bustikated.net domain name expire. Site will be available at http://weemap.bm5k.com from now on.