Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Ever curious who ranks just above or below you? Ever wondered just what a player's ranking is?

The WeeWar Times is now happy to provide a full list of player rankings for all players active in the last seven days:

http://weewartimes.com/rankings/

Somar96

Tank

LOL I'm rank 515 and I was something like 1300 about a month ago!

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Very nice.

Daphron

Raider

Wow, 252. Didn't think I'd be that high.

DirtStyx

Tank

Very cool Tyger! That was a great addition.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Thanks Spade and Dirt! - Daphron you can always check your rank by going to the Top Players tab. It lists it above the top 15 list.

spadequack

Heavy Tank

Could you possibly show how many trial players and pro players have signed on in the last 7 days and track it day-to-day? It would require a bunch of api calls to api1/user/[name] though - one for every player on the api1/users/all list. Maybe you can generate it just once per day. This would be a pretty good metric of the profitability and popularity of Weewar over time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/10/2009 04:34:30

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

I'm still just messing around with web programming, I've come up with several things I'd like to do that would require me to store off some of the data rather than kill the weeServers. I was thinking about a alternate headquarters next, the API has a full ordered list of favorite units that people might like to see and it might be useful to folks that get that headquarters bug.

After that perhaps I'll be ready to tackle php + mySQL. If anyone has done any work like that with the WeeWar API they wouldn't mind sharing, I'd love to have a reference.

Casaubon

Tank

great feature dave. thumbs up!

McMonster

Tank

this totally rocks Tyger for the competitive spirits amongst us, that is. like me. that is.

Tygerdave

Heavy Tank

Thanks guys, always nice to build something useful. I always wondered about it as I was climbing the ranks, so I figured others do as well. Feel free to list your rank in your profile and plug the rankings page to spread the word

McMonster

Tank

Tygerdave wrote: in your profile... plug the rankings page to spread the word

another good idea. done.

Warmaker

Berserker

I'm 420, hehe.

Warmaker

Berserker

And I'm now Berserker!!!!!! Ta-da!

RockyDog

Berserker