Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next

Casaubon

Tank

I agree with katakana

ShadowPanther

Tank

katakana wrote:Do we really need corners and three way connectors? This is a bridge, not a road. I am not familiar with any bridges that intersect or have a corner.

I guess I could just use a mini island made of plains for a corner..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/05/2009 02:58:12

VTTruck

Berserker

ShadowPanther wrote:
katakana wrote:Do we really need corners and three way connectors? This is a bridge, not a road. I am not familiar with any bridges that intersect or have a corner.

I guess I could just use a mini island made of plains for a corner..

Use a Forest to represent a traffic jam.... also gives those little troopers a place to camp out for the night in protected terrain since they're so exposed on the bridges.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/05/2009 10:02:25

ShadowPanther

Tank

Lol. But ships can't pass through those, and a single Hvy Trooper can delay a rescue fleet a lot. Oh well. I guess I'll say it was all planned.

Blargg

Trooper

Wanted to back up the already-posted idea of a city hex that doesn't produce units, though it might be good to call it "Urban."

Another suggestion (haven't spotted it here, sorry if it's not new): Mud. This was a big factor in the failed invasions of Russia.

Darkbee

Berserker

Blargg wrote:Another suggestion (haven't spotted it here, sorry if it's not new): Mud. This was a big factor in the failed invasions of Russia.

You could use swamps in place of mud as a stop gap, I would imagine they have much the same properties.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/06/2009 13:31:30

ShadowPanther

Tank

Just what I was thinking. Mud is basically Swamp and vice versa..

Nature_God

Tank

I like the idea of roads. Maybe make then have greater distance travel, that way the units will likely travel on the road then on the other terrain.

Nature_God

Tank

madmike wrote:

I think the snow/ice etc terrains are good but would work better if new winter type units where added, eg snow plow, sledge etc... That way it would allow a whole new map tobe created. We would have the current terrain for normal wars but also have a winter terrain and have winter units. The terrains could either be played seperately or together and make the map alot more real.

Edit - I love this idea, new winter terrain and new winter units.... would be amazing

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 21/06/2009 20:37:24

Nature_God

Tank

How about a volcano hex.. it would be like a mountain but nothing would be able to cross it. So basically it is the same as a hex with a black terrain but it will allow planes to cross over it where they could before not cross over the blank hex.

Planes would no be allowed to hover over it but pass over it - therefore its difference then a black hex. It also adds some red to the terrain design

Shulgin

Tank

Nature_God wrote:How about a volcano hex.. it would be like a mountain but nothing would be able to cross it. So basically it is the same as a hex with a black terrain but it will allow planes to cross over it where they could before not cross over the blank hex.

bump!

+1 for a volcano hex, although i would rather like to see it being implemented as a high or snow mountain tile (for example using the pic 2 posts above). basically i'm just thinking of substituting the "blank tile" by something prettier, because blank tiles on a map somehow always look like they don't belong there. So implementing a tile which no unit, perhaps apart from airplanes, can pass could be really simple - just add an image. It can make an interesting strategical element and i suppose the reason why map makers don't use it much at the moment is simply because it looks ugly.

also +1, again, for deep or shallow water to make sea battles more diversified (think i like deep sea better). see casaubon's website for a neat illustration:
http://casaubon.lima-city.de/Weewar/w_index.php?id=terrains

McMonster

Tank

i'm so down with adding new terrain types = an easy way to spice up our wee-lives which gets my fledgling map maker imagination all hot and bothered.

call this my overdue christmas present request letter to santa-bert-alex. common fellas, i been pretty nice and not so naughty this year

i especially like the snow, deep sea and shallow water suggestions from this thread and Cas's site.

NorAmI

Heavy Trooper

Add another vote for Deep and Shallow water tiles. This would add so much more complexity to sea battle. It would end up like Battle for Wesnoth, with soft units being able to cross the shallow, and keeping those pesky destroyers away from land battle.

I also like the idea of having different types of maps. Something like "Tropical", "Winter" and "City." Then having different sets of units for each type of map. I know that would take a while for the devs to do, so I'm not pushing it too much, just an idea

kajah

Heavy Trooper

See post http://weewar.com/forum/posts/list/1170.page
The WeeBot game engine supports modding any unit or terrain, or creating new ones. Actually, about 90% of the new units/terrain mentioned on Casaubon's website (http://casaubon.lima-city.de/Weewar/w_index.php) have been implemented in either the CasaMod or KajahMod game mod for WeeBot and can be played human vs human, human vs bot or bot vs bot etc.

All terrain/unit specs are in XML files and can be easily edited in notepad.

Have fun!
kajah

NorAmI

Heavy Trooper

I don't think this has been mentioned, but what about under water reefs?

Only unit that can stay on a reef tile would be hovercraft. Speedboats can pass, but not stay on a reef tile. Battleships and Destroyers cannot pass or stay on a reef tile.

I just made a map that reef tiles would be perfect for, that's why I thought of it. It could also make sea battles even more interesting.

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next