Available playersTop players Chat Forum External sites: Wiki

«

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next

Warmaker

Berserker

VTTruck wrote:

There's also the part about only 3 martial arts being in the olympics (i think)
judo, tae kwon do, and fencing.

any other attempts to discredit?

I'm going with Olympic boxing and wrestling. Do those count as martial arts? I don't necessarily think of martial arts as Asian combat, since there' Krav Maga, Capoeira, Savate, etc.

A martial art is just a way to beat a guy using your body and not a button-pressed missile attack.

Streen

Heavy Tank

There are many different definitions of the term martial art.

I would say that there needs to be a martial application, which in turn means that its meant to hurt people. Of course every instructor and style will tell you that you should never and that it raises awareness to prevent situations and all that, but at the end of the day its purpose is to hurt people.

I dont think boxing can be called martial art, wrestling, I dunnow .... maybe

troymadsen

Tank

I'm not in martial arts or anything, but this one time I slapped a guy really hard. Is there a style for that? Do I get a belt for that? Then I could hit him with my belt next time.

Actually what I really need are these...

black slapping gloves

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/11/2008 18:53:46

Darkbee

Berserker

Where did you find those, at the bottom of your sex-toy trunk?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/11/2008 19:08:10

troymadsen

Tank

No more room in that trunk. I have to keep these in the "I'm goin' beat your a@@" trunk along with my whoopin' stick.

General_Death

Tank

Streen wrote:There are many different definitions of the term martial art.

I would say that there needs to be a martial application, which in turn means that its meant to hurt people. Of course every instructor and style will tell you that you should never and that it raises awareness to prevent situations and all that, but at the end of the day its purpose is to hurt people.

I dont think boxing can be called martial art, wrestling, I dunnow .... maybe

Mr. Streen is a very wise man. To me, definitions don't matter, it matters if you can survive, or adapt to any situation. For that, there are only a few "martial arts" that can prepare you. The remaining ones are just for losers to have a way to make money, by teaching kids some incorrect, pathetic movements.

Boxing is a joke, all you have to do with a boxer is take him to the ground, and you'll see how useless they are. Also, by the time they throw a punch, I can make a sandwich, eat it, and be back in plenty of time to block, and counter.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/11/2008 20:17:40

Warmaker

Berserker

GeneralDeath wrote:

Boxing is a joke, all you have to do with a boxer is take him to the ground, and you'll see how useless they are. Also, by the time they throw a punch, I can make a sandwich, eat it, and be back in plenty of time to block, and counter.

So, you'd step in with a 19 year old Mike Tyson? I don't care how fast you are or how good your ground game is, that guy would beat you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/11/2008 21:17:20

Lucian

Berserker

@ Streen: Please. I didn't even join the game until teams were already defined. That map was made for team play. Not my fault you attacked your own team mate before I joined.

General_Death

Tank

Warmaker wrote:
GeneralDeath wrote:

So, you'd step in with a 19 year old Mike Tyson? I don't care how fast you are or how good your ground game is, that guy would beat you.

I appreciate your enthusiasm Warmaker.. lol.. But I assure you, 19, or 20, or 25 year old Mike Tyson, would be in a body bag in 3 seconds. lol.. Again, has nothing to do with me, it's the art.. Think about it, Boxing was thought up by the poor, as a means to entertain the rich, they're just slugging it out. Shaolin had been a study of Monks for over 2000 years, and is very sophisticated with respect to physics, chemistry, mathematics, and kinesiology. There's no comparison, but I wouldn't go around picking on people.. Chances are, if Tyson wanted a fight, I'd just buy him a beer, and tell him some lie about how I had no chance ; ).

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 21/11/2008 00:17:36

Streen

Heavy Tank

Ive never even heard of this Thyson until he bitof someones ear, thats the guy right? Or was that OJSimpson? Or did he beat up his wife? Well he was in the news either way.
Thing is, if he was this master boxer with extreme talent, then he was dangerous, no doubt. Someone dedicating his life to one ... fighting style is always a force to respect. However that is no testimony to his style.

Let a boxer with average talent and 10 years experience fight against a BJJ, TKD or Kung Fu practitioner with average talent and 10 years experience and there is no fucking way the boxer has a chance. Ground or no ground. Trust me, boxing is useless compared to any martial art

General_Death

Tank

Streen wrote:Ive never even heard of this Thyson until he bitof someones ear, thats the guy right? Or was that OJSimpson? Or did he beat up his wife? Well he was in the news either way.
Thing is, if he was this master boxer with extreme talent, then he was dangerous, no doubt. Someone dedicating his life to one ... fighting style is always a force to respect. However that is no testimony to his style.

Let a boxer with average talent and 10 years experience fight against a BJJ, TKD or Kung Fu practitioner with average talent and 10 years experience and there is no fucking way the boxer has a chance. Ground or no ground. Trust me, boxing is useless compared to any martial art

LOL, that's hilarious.. For the record, I think they both beat their wives.. One is a killer though,

Lucian

Berserker

Odds are the guy with the gun will still win.

troymadsen

Tank

Or you can just have both and make sure you win

FieldMarshall

Trooper

Lucian wrote:Odds are the guy with the gun will still win.

Exactly Mr. Lucian, that's how it goes in this world. Martial arts are fun, and good for you, but at the end of the day, a machine gun, and some armor, is probably the best defense.. lol.. Fucking modern world we live in.

You can be Jet Li to the power of 10, and be useless to a grenade. It's a great world we live in though.

VTTruck

Berserker

This site proves that martial arts loses to technology. Name the last time you saw
a light or heavy inf win 1 one 1 vs armor, boats or planes.

I teach all my troopers martial arts before they leave the base. Its a waste of
time here I tell you. I'm considering stopping and seeing if the price per
trooper goes down (less overhead for training and all).

previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next